"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wednesday Nights...

Other than Sunday's, Wednesday's are my favorite days.  I get to eat a wonderful meal that was prepared by some of the best people around.  I sit and eat with some of my very best friends.  It is a great time of fellowship.  I am so thankful for this meal.  I look forward to it every week... probably more than I should! 

Tonight was the last one that we (the 4 of us) will have together for a while.  Ray is leaving Saturday for his month-long school.  I'm beginning to feel like this is a "test run" for when he leaves in December.  I wonder if I can make it a month, much less two years without my best friend.  I tell myself that I've done it before for six months, that I'm strong, and I'll be ok.  But, then, I second guess myself.

Just when I need it the most, I go to church and have people stop and ask "are you ok?"... "how are you?"... "do you need anything?"  And I think, you know what?!  I AM ok!  WE are ok!  I am going to remain ok!  I have family close enough if I need them, but I have a wonderful church family RIGHT HERE.  But most important, I am a child of God.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  No matter what I go through in the days, weeks, and months to come I have God that loves me.  He hears my prayers and lights my path.

Today was a great day!  I am constantly reminded how many people love "The Perry's."  I so appreciate every prayer that is put forth on our behalf.  We may have days that aren't so great, but we will be ok.

"I love you Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment