"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Am Thankful...

Today, I am thankful for these things.....
  • that Ray slept in later than he planned on;
  • that I got in some extra snuggle time with my man;
  • that we had cinnamon rolls for breakfast;
  • that I haven't broken down in front of the boys today;
  • that Pastor John made a special trip to our house to give Ray a going away gift this morning;
  • that the Fall Festival at church was scheduled for today, it was a much needed distraction;
  • that the boys brought home plenty of chocolate from the Fall Festival;
  • that I was home in time from the festival to catch the FSU game = WIN!!;
  • that I didn't cry every time someone hugged me or asked how I was doing today;
  • that we got some great family photos yesterday;
  • that Firehouse Subs is nearby and the fact that I didn't have to cook at all today;
  • that Ray found Dylan's baseball hat in his truck & took it out BEFORE he left town;
  • that we have great friends that have offered help in anyway they can;
  • that Ray will be home for Thanksgiving;
  • that this is not "the big one";
  • that I have two boys that will snuggle up and watch Game 3 of the World Series with me tonight;
  • that Ray called 10 minutes after leaving to say that he missed me already;
  • that I had a few quiet moments to myself to cry.
"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:1

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you all! So glad we are in touch once again:). Hang in there. I know it sounds trite and overused, but from the bottom of my heart, hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashli, you are loved by so many people.Each of us are but a phone call away should you need anything.
    I just know Jesus is going to help you and Ray to make it though this time in a way that surpasses all human understanding.Hang in there sweetie...love you

    ReplyDelete