"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Martha and Her New Floor...

Those of you that know me best, know that I am TERRIBLY embarrassed by the front room of my house.  When you enter the front door of my house, there is a "formal" living room and dining room.  We are not really "formal" type people. So, we used that area as a toy room and my office.  It has been that way for years.  The carpet wasn't great when we moved in, but we left it because we had small BOYS.  Over the years it has gotten to the point where I do not want anyone to walk in my house.

I feel that I've been a slave to that carpet!  I know it sounds awful, but there it is.  If you've ever come over and I've left you standing on the front porch without asking you to come in, it's because I am paralyzed by the thought of someone seeing the hideousness that lies on my floor.  The OCD overwhelms me and I lose all my manners! ;)

Finally, we are able to purchase new flooring. No more carpet in this room!  The flooring has arrived!  (I was even horrified to let the delivery guy in, but felt comforted that he knew that it would be fixed soon.)  They will install it next Tuesday and I don't think I will know what to do with myself.  I am giddy with the possibilities!  I am fine with the fact that there probably won't be one stitch of furniture in the whole area.  After getting the actual flooring, who can afford furniture?!  However, I will open the door and gladly usher you across the new floor to the "not so formal" family room where you can set awhile.

November 1st begins a new day in the Perry house.  If you come over, I will gladly welcome you in... :)

"As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him." Luke 10:38

No comments:

Post a Comment