"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Friday, October 14, 2011

Lessons Through Chocolate...

I received this necklace from Ray for my birthday.  It is inscribed with “I am thankful that in God’s design He planned it so your path crossed mine.”  Yes, I know… very sweet and romantic.  Truth be told, I found this necklace and teared up over this sweet sentiment.  My mom told Ray and of course, he went and bought it for me.  Such a good husband!  Every time I wear this necklace I am reminded not that Ray thinks this of me, but that I think this of him.

He is not the perfect man, but he is the perfect man for me.  Any other would not put up with me or been trampled over long ago.  Other than Jesus, Ray is the greatest servant that I know.  Last night, I said “honey…” in that “I want something” tone.  Immediately, he said “What, there’s no chocolate in the house and you want me to go to the store?”  How did he know?  He finished what he was doing and without complaint asked me what I wanted and went to the store.  These simple acts are what I love most about him.

He serves with gladness.  He is always eager to do anything.  He serves his country, mows grass for people, helps them move, does heavy lifting, sets up tables, does dishes, serves at church, slices tomatoes, and even makes runs for chocolate.  There are a lot of people that do a lot of things, but what truly amazes me about this man is that he never complains.  Not one grumble about missing a tv show, a nap, or “his” time will cross his lips.  He will gladly go whenever needed.

Sometimes, when the boys are acting up, we will say “that’s your son” or “he acts just like you!”  I know those things are sometimes said in a derogatory manner, but I can only hope that my boys do grow up to be like their dad.  I want us to have raised men that serve gladly, men that are selfless, men that take care of their families. 

I don’t think that Ray truly has any idea of how much I love him or how much he means to me.  I will miss him more than words…

No comments:

Post a Comment