"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Getting ready...

I decided a while ago that I would try blogging while Ray is gone.  After reading a friend's blog today, I figured it was worth a shot.  Maybe having my thoughts, feelings, and everyday happenings out here will be therapeutic.

Things are getting a little difficult around here with "D-Day" fast approaching.  Dylan has been gifted with my ability to WORRY.  Like me, he seems to worry about things that most would find trivial, but to him the worries are mountains.  I shared one of my most trusted verses in the Bible with him... "therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34. I don't know why I was surprised, but he was comforted by it.  He seemed thankful that God had put those words right in that book, just for him, just at the right moment.  My boy is growing up.  His ability to understand is getting greater with each passing day.  I am overwhelmed that God gave him to me.

God has truly given our little family exactly what we need.  Daddy is leaving soon, but we have God, each other, family, and a wonderful church family to support us through this separation.  I have faith that God will provide...

No comments:

Post a Comment