"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sisters in Christ...

We meet about once a month for dinner.  I prayed for these women.  Last year I started praying for God to send me women that I could call close friends.  Even though one has moved away, I have four.  I never would have thought that God would have given me these particular women, but I am so thankful.  These women have shared their hearts as have I.  We have helped each other through some hard times.  We pray for each other daily. 

I don’t know what my life would be like without the prayers of these women.  I am comforted everyday knowing that they use their precious time to pray for me and my family.  I hope they know that I do the same for them.  I feel like they are a part of me.  God did not give me a sister, but he gave me four sisters in Christ.  I cherish these women and their friendship.

If you don’t have a friend(s) such as these, PRAY.  God answers our prayers.  Sometimes we don’t get the answer we thought we wanted but, I’m willing to bet that if you are praying for a Godly friend that will be there for you, pray for you, and love you, He will provide.

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective." James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment