"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Work in Progress...

This is our living room... a disaster!  We got the new flooring, which led to painting the baseboards, which led to new furniture, which led to painting the walls.  I'm sure that once the walls are painted the progression will go on. :)

A good friend came over last night (and I gladly let her in) and after apologizing for the mess, I showed her what we've been up to.  She made a profound statement that you must destroy before you can create.  Our living room is in that process.

It reminded me that when we accept that Jesus died for our sins and trust Him as our Savior, we are washed clean... new creations in Christ.  Whatever we were before is destroyed and a new creation is born.  I am thankful everyday that I am a new creation in Christ and I strive to grow stronger in my walk with Him everyday. 

This time of year, we all need to stop and remember the true meaning of this season... a baby entered this world to save us all.  You have the greatest gift you could ever receive if you just accept it.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment