"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Love Letter...


I asked Ray to write me a letter for Christmas.  I was finally able to read it tonight.  Of course, I cried.  I love that man more than my vocabulary is able express.  We have been through so much in our almost ten years of marriage.  We have grown together, in Christ.  We are strong... together.  A few years ago, I couldn't say that.  God knew what we needed.  God gave us three years of shore duty that bound us together... tightly... in and with Christ.

We are going through this time apart... but praise God, that my heart aches while Ray is away.  I praise God for this time apart.  We are able to feel those forgotten feelings of an anticipated phone call or letter.  I feel so excited to wake up in the morning to find an email from my love.  I can't wait until the day that we are able to Skype and I can actually see his face and hear his voice.  When was the last time that you got butterflies of anticipation for your spouse? 

We get caught up in everyday... kids, work, life... we forget the feeling of falling in love with our spouse.  We forget the newness.  Sometimes, we forget why we fell in love.  I praise God for giving us this time to renew that feeling.  I praise God that I have a husband that I love and that loves me enough to hurt while we are apart.  I praise God for love letters...

"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment