"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The JULIETS...

They call themselves the JULIETS (Just Us Ladies Into Eating Together).  The group consists of senior ladies from my church.  They meet for breakfast one morning each month.  Today, I was invited to join them.  I was so excited to get the invitation because I've been trying to figure out how to infiltrate this group for a while.  I love, love, love these ladies! 

Some may think that going to breakfast with some older ladies would be boring.  Not this group!  There is so much wisdom and spirit sitting at this table.  These women have raised children, lost children, lost husbands, been through divorce, financial difficulties, health problems, I could go on... but through it all their love for God remains. 

I have such a deep respect for each one of these women (and the others that did not attend).  They have taught me so much, some by example, some through sharing conversations.  They each have such a quiet strength.  I encourage you to seek out the older generation... learn from them, love them, and let them love you.

"Then they [older women] can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment