"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ripping off the Bandaid...

I opened my door last night.  That itself it a huge statement.  After so many years of having a panic attack every time the doorbell rang (due to the condition of my front room), I was finally able to open the door and let people in.  In all, there were 60-70 people.  Go big or go home! 

I am so thankful for our friends.  These wonderful people took time to come show their love to Ray.  I know that sometimes he finds it truly hard to believe that people care so much about our family.  I think he was overwhelmed last night.

I had prayed hard all day that I would not stress... I didn't.  I sat and enjoyed everyone in my home.  I enjoyed the conversation, I didn't mind the rowdy kids, my dog behaved, the food was awesome... mostly I enjoyed watching everyone tell my husband how much he would be missed and they would be praying for him. 

I have one week... one week to enjoy every moment... one week to appreciate what a great man I have as a husband... one week to show him two years worth of love... one week...

"The poor are shunned even by their neighbors, but the rich have many friends." Proverbs 14:20





No comments:

Post a Comment